Apply to join the program of Libertas International to learn Russian language in Moscow (Russia). We invite to any person willing to learn or to improve his/her Russian language skills. This is the 2nd time our organisation prepares this event in Moscow and we believe that it is a great opportunity to discover Moscow, Russian culture, Muscovite life and meet friends from many countries. The program is very intense because participants in the morning and afternoon, and in the evenings they attend different events.
Lessons take place at the institute (same place where the participants are accommodated) from 9am to 3pm. After lessons the participants will join different cultural activities: visit to museums, art exhibitions, walking or bike riding in different parks of the city (Gorky Park for example…), Russian language speaking groups, festivals in Moscow, fairs, interesting conferences, etc.
The Pushkin Russian Language Institute is one of the oldest institutions in Russia where you can take exams for certification of Russian language. It is based in a university area with many young people, well connected with metro stations Yugo-Zapadnaya and Belayevo. From these metro stations you can easy arrive to the most popular places (Red Square, Kremlin, etc.).
Participants will learn 4 days per week / 6 lessons per day. 1 academic lesson is 45 minutes. The books can be borrowed for free at the Library of the Institute and copies are given for free from teachers. At the institute there is also an office where you can purchase new books with very affordable prices (same than the ones you borrow at the library and more options).
There are 8 groups according to your level of Russian language. First day, you will take an exam to evaluate your language skills so the instructors can assign you a group. In case you want to go to a different group it is possible.
WHERE IS PLACED THE RUSSIAN LANGUAGE INSTITUTE?
The Institute’s teaching rooms, administrative offices and dormitory are situated at the same compound at the same address.
All premises are connected by covered passages, and one can get from the dormitory to the teaching rooms without going outside. The campus is fenced and guarded by 24 hour security service.
- 24 hour security service
- 24 hour front desk
- Number of floors: 13
- Number of rooms on a floor: 29
- Superior rooms (suites, hotel style) – specially rated
- Kitchens (on each floor, no utensils provided)
- Special rooms for quiet study (on each floor)
- TV rooms (on each floor)
- Weekly housekeeping
- Laundry (surcharge)
- Iron/ironing boards (on request)
- Cloak room
- Medical nurse, first aid
Standard room amenities:
- Double rooms with private facilities (bath/ shower, washbasin, WC, Refrigerator)
- Rooms for double/triple occupancy, two in a block, with shared facilities (bath/ shower, washbasin, WC, Refrigerator)
- Broadband Internet access (surcharge)
- Direct-dial phone (surcharge)
Single accommodation and special requests are subject to availability upon check-in.
- Two multipurpose sports halls (volleyball and basketball courts, gym equipment)
- Football field , tennis court (outdoors)
- Table tennis
- Outdoor recreation park area
- Canteen open for lunch (noon – 4 p.m.)
- Book shop
Accommodation outside the Institute
If you do not wish to live at the dormitory of the Institute, we can arrange for you to live with a Russian family, a hotel, youth hostel, apartment in Moscow, etc. For these options the price will have an increment depending on your option (please inquire for further information via email to email@example.com). If you wish to live with a Russian family or apartment it costs 150 euros extra.
WHERE IS LOCATED THE INSTITUTE? HOW TO ARRIVE THERE?
EU citizens need Visa for entering in Russian territory. There are many countries that do not need a visa to enter the territory of Russia*. (Please check this list in the bottom of this article).
As soon as you register in our program we will prepare your letter of invitation in cooperation with the learning center. We will send you the letter of invitation and with that document you can apply for visa at the Russian Consulate in your country.
If you are coming from The United States or a country that needs original letter of invitaiton (not pdf) then you will have to pay extra 55 euros (for covering the expenses for the courier services -DHL, MRW, etc.-).
Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org writing “Moscow June 2016″ in the subject of the email.
The participation fee of the program is 985 euros.
Participants make a first payment of 400 euros for registering in our program, 2nd payment of 300 euros 2 months before the program starts and 3rd payment of 285 euros upon arrival in cash (euros).
Make sure you bring your legal travel documents, and make sure that you have a visa in your passport in case you need it, check the data that the Consulate wrote in the sticker of your visa in order for not having any problems upon arrival.
Do not bring meat or cheese on your luggage. In case you do, it could happen that the dogs at the airport upon arrival could smell it they will deny the entrance of such products.
Bring with your own towels, and personal hygienic products and flip flop shoes. At the dormitory the showers are shared and also the toilets are so we recommend you to bring flip flops shoes for safety. We will provide you with clean bed clothing and blankets, also 1 small toilet towel.
Bring warm clothes. In Moscow June is not cold but bring with you your coat and also spring clothes with you. The average temperature in Moscow in June is around 17ºC.
Make sure you bring with you travel insurance. We will need to know emergency contact details in case something happens to you.
Send us an email with your arrival details (airport, terminal, arrival time, flight number and airline company name).
In order to do your student card we will need from you 4 photos passport size and 1 photocopy of your passport.
2) WHAT TO DO UPON ARRIVAL?
When you will arrive a colleague of us will be waiting for you at the airport, just at the exit of arrival doors with a title with your name. If you cannot see a person with your name written in a big title wait a bit, and text us.
When the taxi arrives to the institute you do not have to pay because we pay for the taxi service in advance. Just take your luggage and register yourself at the hall desk. They will have your name in the list. They want you just to show them your passport and they will give you the key of your bedroom.
Our team will register you at the school and will organise all the administrative protocol for you, including the registration, student card, etc.
You will do your exam level and join the group that better fits you.
Almost every day activities will be programmed in order to practice Russian language and/or discovering the city of Moscow. We can re-schedule the agenda according to the needs of the group or possible suggestions. This program intends to combine both learning Russian language, meeting local people, start friendship with local young people and families, discovering the culture and history and to understand the inner heart of the Muscovites. Because of the nature of our group composed by young people from different countries it will happen that we could speak in English because some of students cannot speak in Russian language yet.
The cultural activities are optional. This means that if you have another program, meeting or you would like to go to other event you can go with no problems. Our program does not cover the entrance tickets for museums, art exhibitions or concert.
The activities that we will do are these ones:
- Visit to the Red Square ( Krasnaya Ploshcad)
- Visit to the Treryakov Gallery in Lvrushinksky Lane
- Visit to the St. Basil’s Cathedral (free entrance) http://www.saintbasil.ru/en/index.html
- Visit to the Kremlin
- Visit to the Kolomenskoye Park and other parks
- Visiting the Moscow State Library and the Russian State Library
- Visit to the Pushkin State Museum of Arts
- Visit to the Lomosonov Moscow State University
- Walking and resting at the M. Gorkiy Central Park of Culture and Recreation
- Sightseeing of the 7 Soviet Union Magestic Buildings (only outside – inside only in the ones that it is possible to enter)
- Russian Speaking Club with local young people. This kind of events happen in cafés. Usually young people go to a café and they discuss about different topics in small groups. Students with a high level of Russian can speak all the time in Russian language. For beginners, they can use basic words/expressions and to speak in English with the locals.
- Russian Cuisine Atélier
- International Cuisine Evening (with young people from different countries)
- Urban Photography session
- Different sports (volleyball, running, yoga, football, gym…).
- Going to the cinema and see movies in Russian language
- Visiting the fantastic Ismailovo Market. Here you can find a lot of different souvenirs, coats, antique objects, paintings, kebab cooked in front of you, etc.
* EU citizens need Visa for entering in Russian territory. The following countries DO NOT NEED a Visa for going to Russia:
- Argentina (up to 90 days in 180 day period (starting from the day of first entry)). Visa would be required: — for applicants staying for more than 90 days in a 180 day period; – for applicants going to Russia to conduct commercial or work-related activities. Diplomat or Official passport holders would require visa for the whole period of stay.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina (up to 30 days for tourists and up to 90 days for other visitors) Tourist documents or the original invitation accordingly are required to be presented to the Russian Immigration authorities.
- Brazil (up to 90 days in 180 days period) – for tourist, private visits or transit purposes only. In all other cases visa is required.
- Brunei (up to 14 days) – Diplomatic and Service passports holders only.
- Chile (up to 90 days in 180 days period) – visa free regime does not apply for work and business related visits and Diplomatic and Service passports holders.
- Colombia (up to 90 days in 180 days period).
- Croatia (up to 90 days in 180 days period) – Diplomatic and Service passports holders only.
- Dominican Republic (up to 90 days) – Diplomatic and Service passports holders only.
- Hong Kong (up to 14 days of stay).
- Iceland (up to 90 days)- Diplomatic and Service passports holders only
- Israel (up to 90 days). Tourist documents or the original invitation accordingly are required to be presented to the Russian Immigration authorities. Visa free regime does not apply for Diplomatic and Service passports holders.
- Republic of Korea (up to 60 days for the tourists)
- Macedonia (up to 30 days tourist and up to 90 days for other visitors). Tourist documents or the original invitation accordingly are required to be presented to the Russian Immigration authorities.
- Mongolia (up to 30 days) for the holders of diplomatic, official and foreign passports. In case of consequent trips, total amount of days spent in Russia cannot exceed 90 days in a period of 180 days from the date of first entrance.
- Montenegro (up to 30 days). Visa free regime does not apply for Diplomatic and Service passports holders.
- Mozambique (up to 30 days) – Diplomatic and Service passports holders only.
- Nicaragua (up to 90 days of stay).
- Peru (up to 90 days in 180 days period) – visa free regime does not apply for work and business related visits and Diplomatic and Service passports holders.
- Citizens of Serbia with biometric passports obtained after April 9th, 2008 can stay in Russia up to 30 days. Diplomatic or Official passport holders without accreditation in Russia can stay up to 90 days. Serbian nationalities with temporary and permanent resident permits can stay without time limits. In all other cases visa is required. Visa free regime does not apply for Yugoslavian passports holders.
- The Republic of South Africa (up to 90 days) – Diplomatic, Official and Service passports holders only.
- Thailand (up to 90 days) – Diplomatic and Service passports holders only. Holders of ordinary passports can stay up to 30 days.
- Venezuela (up to 90 days). Visa free regime does not apply for Diplomatic and Service passports holders.
REFUND POLICY: Participants do a first payment of 400 euros to confirm their participation. In case they cannot attend this program for any reason (visa rejection, health problems, family issues, not having enough funds…) we will refund partially the first payment. The conditions are here:
a) If you cancel your participation before 15th February 2016 we refund you 300 euros
b) If you cancel your participation before 1st April 2016 we refund you 250 euros
c) If you cancel your participation before 1st May 2016 we refund you 200 euros
d) If you cancel your participation before 15th May 2016 or after we can refund you 100 euros
e) if you cancel your participation on 16th May 2016 or after we cannot refund you anything