The camp is a mixture of hard work, peace-building, intercultural learning, and adventure, while having fun and enjoying the surrounding tangible and intangible natural and cultural riches. The idea behind the camp is to promote dialogue and cooperation among people of different cultures and backgrounds to addresses global issues around human development and sustainability, including extremism and intolerance. We believe that global challenges have local impacts and local challenges can have global impacts. Therefore, the camp has been designed to inspire global leaders that can work together to bring about innovative solutions to our common challenges.
The work camp provides a unique experience of living the Bedouin life in the south of Jordan. Bedouins are nomadic Arab peoples who have historically inhabited the desert. They live in portable tents or shelters that give them the flexibility to move around with their animals. They are experts in surviving in the desert and are known for their delicious tea and storytelling.
We aim at offering impactful and affordable volunteer opportunity to small groups of 8–20 international volunteers from different countries and backgrounds.
Type of Work:
Volunteers will be unplugged from their usual life and experience a simpler style of living. They will be engaged in community service initiatives and enjoy the outdoors and nature. They will also have access to a variety of activities including camel riding, sleeping in the nature, sightseeing, handicraft making, cooking traditional food with local beverages. Campers will work for about 5 hours per day. They will be accompanied by a local community leader and his assistants who will guide the experience and make sure that the group fulfills the program goals.
Example of Activities:
- Community Service; engage in making repairs to local schools, teach basic English Language to elementary school students, teach basic Computers / internet skills…etc.
- Interfaith visits; visits to religious shrines and houses of wordship (Mosque, Church) and meet with religious leaders (including ethnic and religious minorities).
- Protect and preserve the environment; clean public places, touristic and historical sites. Participants will experience nights in nature and sleep in Nabateans’ caves (Nabateans are the ancient Arabian trips who built Petra)
- Visit historic sites; Petra, Wadi Rum (the Valley of the Moon), the Crusader castle of Montreal in Shoubak…etc.
- Experience the rich Bedouin culture; Learn how to prepare Bedouin traditional food and beverage, raise animals, make Bedouin handicrafts…etc.
- Meet and interact with locals from different backgrounds.
- Campfire storytelling.
- Sports: you will experience and learn how to use sports as a tool for intercultural cooperation andteam-building- activities.COST OF PARTICIPATION
- 150 € (to be paid in Jordan) + 50 euros for becoming a new member of Libertas International + 35 euros for administration costs (Libertas International)We have worked hard to bring the cost to minimum; most of the logistic work is done by volunteers without any compensation. Also, none from the hosting Bedouin community is paid. The idea behind the camp is to enable as many people as we can to have such a unique experience at affordable costs.The amount of EURO 150 will cover the following costs:
- – 100€ : for food and accommodation for 5 days.
- – 50€ : for transportation inside Jordan during the camp period, including trips to Petra and
Rules, conditions and requirements:
- A referral from an individual or a like-minded organization.
- Age above 18 years.
- Intermediate English language level (can speak and understand English reasonably welland can use basic tenses and vocabulary)
- Possession/ use of illegal drugs is not allowed.
- Acceptable level of Interpersonal and cultural sensitivity competencies.
- Environmentally friendly.
- Previous volunteering experience is preferred.
- The camp is founded on trust, honesty, respect, accountability, and caring. Participants areexpected to live these values.
- In a good health condition.
- Travel and health insurance.
- Participants are requested to buy the Jordan travel pass (available onlinewww.jordanpass.jo) which cost JOD 70 (USD 99), it includes the visa fees of JOD 40 (US$56.50) and entry to over 40 of Jordan’s tourist attractions including Petra, Jerash, Wadi Rum, and much more.
- Sleeping Bags, comfortable choses and clothes for outdoor activities, temperature in desert can vary dramatically from day to night.
- Serious romantic activity is to be avoided. Sexual activity is forbidden.
- – Culture exchange through experiential learning (on the ground).
- – Increase formal and non-formal skills through a learning by doing approach.
- – Opportunities to learn about specific aspects of culture, handicrafts making, religions,food, etc.
- – Activities that promote teamwork and leadership.
- – Environmental education.ACCOMODATION:Participants will be accommodated in two Bedouin tents to separate male and female. They will cook for themselves (a kitchen with its appliances is available). Special diets can be accommodated. It is recommended that participants bring their sleeping bags with them as they may have the chance to sleep in the nature and old caves for two nights.
Approximate Location: The project will be conducted in Husseiniya village in the Governorate of Ma’an, 220km south of Amman. The place is close to many historic sites including the ancient city of Petra, Wadi Rum (the Valley of the Moon), the Crusader castle of Montreal in Shoubak and Mount Hor (the mountain is named Mountain of Prophet Aaron. There is a tomb for Aaron at the top of the mountain).
Participants are recommended to take Airport bus to the last station (North Station). It costs less than USD 5). We will pick them up from the last stop station.
Send us an email to email@example.com with your personal details and your motivation to take part in this summer work camp in Jordan.
We invite youth workers for a unique event – Networking in Moscow during FIFA 2018!
You will have the great opportunity to network with other youth workers as well as enjoy the atmosphere of FIFA 2018!
This is a youth event that you will never forget – Networking during FIFA 2018! We invite you to join the partnership-building activity which take place during finals of Football World Cup in Moscow! This is a unique opportunity to feel the atmosphere of this great event and meet youth workers from different countries to discuss the possibilities of collaboration!
During the event you will meet youth workers from different countries and have the opportunity to introduce yourself and learn more about youth work in other countries. Special attention will be given to youth work in Moscow. You will learn about youth work in Russia and meet youth workers from Moscow.
The program will include the following blocks:
Sessions at our training center– the sessions in order to learn more about each other, youth work in general and discuss other topics that could be interesting for youth workers.
Visits to the organizations – we will visit youth organizations in Moscow to learn more about the youth work in Russia
Excursions in Moscow – the visits to touristy places in Moscow where you will have the chance to enjoy the beauty of the city and get to know each other in a more informal way
Watching together the finals of Football World Cup 2018 – we will go together to the public area (square) to watch together the finals of FIFA 2018
The event is organized for youth workers who would like to develop new networks and find partners for new projects! We organize it during FIFA 2018 as it provides a unique background for successful networking!
We invite youth workers who are interested in developing new networks and meeting other youth workers! Especially we would be happy to see among participants youth workers who would be interested developing further contacts with the youth organizations from Russia.
Please note – we have limited amount of places so if you’re interested in – please apply asap! As soon as all the spots for the event will be taken we won’t be able to accept more applicants.
The accommodation during the event will be provided in a unique location – a modern comfortable training center. Participants will sleep and have sessions at the same building! The training center is located in the south of Moscow (so called New Moscow area).
The training center consists on 8 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and a large common room for the sessions. In addition to the standard facilities the training center is equipped with Jacuzzi that can be used by participants, the fire place where participants can gather in the evenings together, terrace and other facilities which will make the stay comfortable.
The training center in New Moscow is not just a building! It was constructed with the intention to give participants the feeling of the community together! To facilitate informal contacts among participants outside of the sessions. To activate the creativity
Fully equipped kitchen and the place for BBQing are also available for the participants. In case of the good weather the outside area can be used by participants as well.
The stay at the training center in New Moscow provides unique experience enhancing the learning process.
The training center is located in south of Moscow – so called area of New Moscow.
Our training center in Moscow is a unique venue which was constructed from a family house. We use the concept of family house to create a family comfort for participants of our event. We hope every participant will feel like home and will enjoy the stay. Moreover, we hope such environment can be great for meeting new partners and thinking together about common projects. The family environment contributes to closer cooperation between participants of our projects.
The training center consist on a house of a total size of 400 sq m and in addition to that has a private garden which can be used for outdoor activities, sport or yoga in the mornings. We have a BBQ place in the garden as well. Sometimes as one of the meals during a day we offer BBQ to participants (with vegetarian alternative for vegetarians). There is also a roof terrace which can be used during warm weather.
The building consists on bedrooms where participants are accommodated, large living room that can be used by participants, classroom (with chairs, beamer, market board and other necessary materials for conducting the trainings) and fully equipped kitchen. Usually during our courses we provide meals but if participants are willing to use the kitchen – they are welcome to do so. Living room in addition to the couch has also a fire place which is a great place for getting together in winter. There are also board games and music instruments in a living room that could be used by participants during free time! We have an electric piano, guitar, djembe (brought from South Africa), didgeridoo (brought from Australia) and few other items which are fun to use!
In addition to that we have Jacuzzi in the training center, terrace and just great atmosphere! We’ll make sure you’ll love your stay here!
For lovers of healthy life style we have a small gym with few machines you can use to be in shape during your stay! Trust us – the food we provide during the courses is delicious and if you do not want to gain few extra kilos – you’re welcome to use the gym!
Yes, you might expect sauna if you come to Russia! That we don’t have yet! But if there will be a high demand for that we might build one soon!
Location – the training center can be reached from the airports Sheremetyevo and Domodedovo within 1,5-2 hour drive (depending on traffic) or within just half an hour drive from the airport Vnukovo.
You can reach the city center within 1-2 hour drive (depending on traffic) or within similar time via public transport. The stop of public transport is only 3-5 minutes walk from the training center.
When the training center is free from courses that we conduct it can be rented for events and other training programs. We can also arrange transportation, catering and other needed services. If you are interested in renting the training center for your party, course, the program of corporate education or any other event – please feel free to contact us.
You can see the photos of the training center. If you would like to have more information about the training center – you are welcome to contact us.
The fee for the course is 550 euro. The fee includes:
The program of the event for the whole stay (including all necessary printed/digital materials)
The accommodation (in the comfortable training center in Moscow
Meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner and coffee-breaks)
Visa invitation (which you will need to bring to the Russian Consulate in order to apply for a visa)
Unfortunately we are not able to provide any scholarships.
Please, fill in this ELECTRONIC FORM
Nationals of the most of the countries need a visa to enter to Russia. If you are not sure if you need a visa or not – please send us an email letting us know which nationality you have and we will be happy to advice you if you need a visa or not.
If you need a visa – we will send you a visa invitation. Please note visa invitation is not a visa. With the visa invitation which you will receive from us, you will still need to go to the Russian Consulate and apply for a visa.
Together with the visa invitation you will need to bring to the Consulate some other documents (usually these includes passport, passport size photo, filled application form, in some cases – insurance, proof of finances and other documents depending on the country where you are applying for a visa). We recommend you to check the website of the Russian Consulate to see the full list of documents you need to present.
Usually it takes about 1-2 weeks to receive a visa at the Consulate after the moment you have submitted your visa application. In most of cases before submitting the visa application you need to make an appointment. Some times you can only make an appointment 1-2 months in advance. That is why we recommend you to contact the closest Russian Consulate as soon as possible to make an appointment for a visa.
Visa fee varies depending on the country where you apply. For EU citizens in most of cases the visa can be done free of charge. For non-EU citizens the visa fee is 35 or 60 euro (depending on the country where you apply for a visa). Those are the fees if you apply directly at the Consulate. In most of countries you can apply directly to the Consulate but you also have a choice to apply for a visa to the Visa Center of the Consulate, Visa Center, Travel Agency or to another organization. If you are applying through any of those organizations (e.g. anywhere except the Consulate itself) there might be extra charges.
We recommend you to apply for a visa as soon as possible. And of course – in case of any questions on any stage of visa application we will be more than happy to assist!
In case of any questions regarding the event – feel free to send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org